Hotel near the Exploratorium in San Francisco: Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf
When you are looking for a hotel near The Exploratorium in San Francisco, choose Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf. This April, the Exploratorium moves to Pier 15 just 1.2 miles from our hotel. We provide flawless service and modern amenities that make our guests feel at home. With covered and secure on-site parking, complimentary Wi-Fi, convenient on-site dining and more, families prefer us for one-of-a-kind stays.
San Francisco, CA 94111
Directions: View Google directions
The Exploratorium is a museum opened by physicist and educator Frank Oppenheimer in 1969 at the Palace of Fine Arts. Over the course of its 43-year history, the museum has garnered over one-thousand participatory exhibits that combine science and art. In addition to the exhibits, they are responsible for numerous webcasts, websites, and events for visitors and fans to enjoy and discover. In April 2013, the museum is tripling in size and moving to the nine acre Embarcadero on Pier 15. After the move, the space of the museum will transition from displaying 475 exhibits at once to over 600 at a given time.
Explore one of the six different galleries of the Exploratorium:
- West Gallery / Human Phenomena – First person experience exploring science, society, and culture.
- South Gallery / Tinkering – A visit to this gallery lets guests utilize their creativity and investigate the world through building, making, and tinkering.
- Central Gallery / Seeing & Listening – Understand how we perceive the world through sound and light using the exploration of complex processes of the brain.
- East Gallery / Living Systems – Investigate and observe ecosystems and the living organisms that reside within them.
- Bay Observatory Gallery / Observing the Landscape – Explore the many dimensions of urban and natural environments.
- Outdoor Gallery / Place and Environment – Investigate the social and natural wonders where the bay and city collide.
Whatever you and your little scientists discover during a day at The Exploratorium, return to relax and rest at Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf. Reserve your stay today to take advantage of top-notch location, service, and amenities among hotels near Exploratorium in San Francisco, CA.